World of Sports: Cubs win it all

20161104-cubs-mlb-001
[/media-credit] The Chicago Cubs won the World Series for the first time in 108 years.

Cubs win World Series for the first time in 108 years

After 108 dreadful years for Cubs fans the rain has come and ended the drought. Also, can I say that was one of the most exciting baseball games in the last decade. That game was phenomenal, rain delay and all. The 17 minute rain delay felt like it was a five minute delay.

This was a super fun game to watch if you like high scoring baseball. Lots of home runs including one hit by David Ross, in his final career MLB game. The Cubs made some questionable decisions including having Javier Baez trying to pull off a safety squeeze by bunting with a 3-2 count. As well as Cubs manager Joe Maddon pulling Kyle Hendricks who seemed to be cruising in the 5th inning. 

Personally, I was incredibly surprised to see Aroldis Chapman come in with one out in the 8th inning. He ended up blowing their two run lead in the 8th and it was a tie game going into the 9th. What was more surprising than seeing the best pitcher on the Cubs roster coming into the game in the middle of the inning was seeing him trot back out to the mound in the bottom of the 9th. I mean I get that the Cubs bullpen was really short on that specific night but still. 

On the Indians side of thing, they played really well on defense, but were not able to hit Kyle Hendricks early. Corey Kluber had the worst game of his postseason allowing several runs very early, and made the Indians go very bullpen heavy. 

Personally, I was rooting for the Cubs and I am so glad that they won. It was a very exciting game, and very fun to watch, and the first time I have watched baseball in a long time. 

For last week’s World of Sports read, World of Sports: Reigning Champs off to hot start

This author can be reached by email Dawson Triplitt and on Twitter @dawsontriplitt.