World of Sports: College Football gets exciting late into the season

[/media-credit] Alabama is looking to repeat as National champions in their third straight trip to the College Football playoff.

With the college football season coming to an end, only 4 teams remain. These 4 teams will be competing for the national championship in Tampa Bay at Raymond James Stadium.

This years 1st seed the Alabama Crimson Tide will be going against the 4th seeded Washington Huskies. The other semi-final game will be held between the 2nd seeded Clemson Tigers and the 3rd ranked Ohio State Buckeyes.

Crimson Tide will be playing  the Washington Huskies in the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl in the Georgia Dome which is located in Atlanta, Georgia. With Alabama’s staggering defence and Washington’s high flying offense, this should be a game for the record books.

Last year the Crimson Tide won the national championship while also finishing as the number two seed. They head into this years playoffs with even more confidence and swagger being the number one seed.

This years underdog will be the Washington Huskies. They started off the year ranked at number 15 and have climbed their way up to the final spot for the playoff.

Their offense has been led by potential Heisman winner Jake Browning. He has shown promise throughout the entire year and is known as a leader for the team

No matter how the game ends, the game should be a good one. Nick Sabans defense versus Chris Peterson’s offence.

[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/297889495″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”150″ iframe=”true” /]

The second semi-final game will be held in Glendale, Arizona at the University of Phoenix Stadium. It will be played by the Clemson Tigers and the Ohio State Buckeyes.

These two teams were supposed to get in before the season started and they proceded to do just that. This shall also be a very good game between two top tier teams providing excitment and drama. 

Both teams have Heisman candidates and both of them being quarterbacks. The tigers have Deshaun Watson and the Buckeyes have J.T. Barrett.

Ohio State played Michigan at home for their last game of the season. Ohio State was ranked 2nd in week 12 of the college football rankings and Michigan was ranked 3rd.

That game was the deciding factor in whether Michigan would get in and it would ultimately be their last glimpse of being in the top 4. Ohio State won that particular matchup and knocked Michigan out of the playoff picture.

With the top 4 teams getting ready to fight for the national championship, it should be interesting to see who is going to come up on top. Expectations are high, let’s hope the teams can live up to them.

For last week’s World of Sports, read World of Sports: NHL expansion, season underway

This writer can be reached via email: Suky Cheema