Roy Brown leads by example, pursues academic excellence

Senior demonstrates leadership, maturity

[/media-credit] Roy Brown, ’17, has grown into a role model on the FC campus.

Finding a willing leader around a campus is sometimes very hard. Roy Brown, ’17, steps up when it matters and shows his leadership skills to the best of his abilities.

He has grown into a good friend and comrade. Whenever his friends need him the most, he is there to help.

With his exceptional grade point average, he has applied for many UC schools. He has applied to UCLA, UC Irvine, UC Berkeley, UC Santa Barbara, USC, The University of California, Cal Poly, and Biola University.

He has already been accepted by Biola University. He still awaits a response from all of the other schools that he applied as acceptance letters do not come back until March.

Being a leader has been a big thing for Roy during his years in high school. He wants to help his friends be the best people they can be through Christ.

His friends have looked to him for comfort and wisdom. Sage Sobrado, ‘17, talks about how he has helped him evolve into the person he is today.

“Roy Brown has helped me tremendously throughout my high school years.” Sobrado said. “He has been a very good friend to me. I’ve seen Roy really step up and take us under his wing. He has shown us what it means to be a good man. He has really helped grow his relationships with his friends, and that’s what makes him such an amazing guy.”

Brown was one of the five king nominees for this year’s homecoming court. He was greatly remembered for performing an unforgettable dance behind the song of “Whip my hair” by Willow Smith.

[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/304810106″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”150″ iframe=”true” /]

Ever since his freshman year, he has shown an interest of basketball. He has been playing for the FC basketball program since his freshman year, he was on Junior Varsity for two years and then moved to Varsity for his junior and senior years. Wyatt Koop, ‘18, talks about how he has seen Roy grow as a player.

“Roy has helped me as a lot as a basketball player,” Koop said. “He makes sure to take time and get to know his teammates. Sometimes, after practice he will get up shots and convince some of us to participate with him. He is a very great leader and knows when to pump up the team. We can all look to Roy for a good laugh or maybe even some motivation.”

As a senior now, he has learned to be a role model to the upcoming students that are going to be looking up to him. As he leaves, he hopes to leave a good representation of what underclassmen should be.

“The type of example of would like to set for the underclassmen is to be hardworking,” Brown said. “I think it is very important for the younger men of Fresno Christian to know that high school isn’t all fun and games. You have to be prepared for anything because life can throw anything towards you. I hope they can take that advice and run with it. ”

[/media-credit] Brown was one of five king candidates in this year’s homecoming court.

Family members have also been very proud of what Roy has done throughout his four years in high school. His mother, Daunya Brown, witnesses Roy mature each and every day.

“I am super proud of Roy,” Brown said. “No matter what, he always strives for excellence in himself and has done so without any push from me. This makes me so proud because he sets a goal and is determined to achieve it with excellence. The thing that makes me the most proud is his decision to grow with Christ as his Lord and savior. It’s not the perfection but his heart for the relationship with Christ makes me smile. Fresno Christian was God’s choice for him to grow into a mature young man who would display his heart.”

Roy Brown has also been very thankful of Fresno Christian. It has helped him grow into the person that he is today.

“I am very grateful to have spent my high school years at Fresno Christian,” Brown said. “I feel like in my 4 years at Fresno Christian I have gotten smarter, stronger, and more mature. This is school has helped me get ready for the real world. I feel very prepared for what college has to offer for me. I am ready to graduate and start this long process heading into the real world.”

With graduation just months away, it’s safe to say Roy Brown is ready for it. His hopes are set high and the Lord is definitely with him throughout the entire way.

For another article, read: NASA engineer shares story of sending rover to Mars.

This writer can be reached via Twitter: @sukyboiii and via email: Suky Cheema.