Promo: Campus drama to perform ‘You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown’

[/media-credit] During drama class, Dodson assists Blankenship in memorizing her lines.

The drama team will be stepping into the shoes of “The Peanuts”. You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown”  will be orchestrated by Kyle Dodson and performed, Feb. 24, Feb. 26 and 27.

The main characters of this play are Charlie Brown and Lucie. These two have a complicated relationship but uniquely make the entire Charlie Brown series.

English and drama advisor Kyle Dodson is in charge of preparing everything for the play. This is not his first time taking on this role, as he taught drama last year as well.

“I am extremely proud of the drama team,” Dodson said. “I think they have worked very hard towards making this play one to remember. As an advisor, it makes me happy to see how committed they are to making this play a great one. I know the audience will love this play because it is a movie that I hope everyone has seen in ‘You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown.’”

[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/305608333″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”150″ iframe=”true” /]

Charlie Brown will be played by Jeremiah Sieperda, ’17, who is enthusiastic about the role and excited for what the entire drama team can bring to the stage.

“I was nervous at first when I got the role,” Sieperda said. “However, the rest of the drama team has been practicing really hard for this play. We are hoping to make this play one of the best that our audience will thoroughly enjoy. I feel like if we work together as a team, then the weight on mine and Katy’s shoulders will be taken off. I have full confidence in the entire drama team.”

[/media-credit] The lead roles in ‘Your a Good Man, Charlie Brown’ are played by Jeremiah, left, and Katy far right.

The lead female role, Lucie, will be played by Kathryn Blankenship, ‘17. Her role is the second largest and is portrayed as Charlie Brown’s bully.

“I am very excited about the role that I have gotten in the play,” Blankenship said. “There is always some anxiety about having so many lines to learn. However, the benefits of performing fairly outweigh my nerves. Kyle Dodson has helped me and encouraged me to be more animated. I know that this constructive criticism will help me in the preparation for the play. ”

Most school years drama only produces one or two plays so take the time to plan ahead to see such a mainstream play. 

The play will be held in the SMC, Feb. 24 and Feb. 27 at 7 p.m. with the doors open at 6:30 p.m. On Sunday, Feb. 26, the drama team will perform a matinee at 3 p.m. Tickets can be purchased at the door. Ticket prices are: $5 for students and seniors, $7 for adults and children 3 and under are free.

This writer can be reached via email: Suky Cheema.

For more features, read Living with your teammate.