Roll One For Mi offers affordable prices, good service

[/media-credit] Writer Dawson Triplitt, ’17, shares his experiences at the sushi restaurant, Roll One For Mi.

Roll One for Mi is a small sushi joint on the corner of Champlain and Shepherd next to Marble Slab and Jamba Juice. Roll One for Mi is not the biggest restaurant but does pretty well, it is always pretty busy.

They opened in 2013 and offer top of the line sushi and traditional Japanese cuisine. They are a locally owned and operated business and only have one location in the Via MontaƱa shopping center.

When you walk in the door there is a long hallway with tables on the right, the sushi bar on the left and roughly ten tables lining the left-hand wall that each can seat four people. There are eight to ten barstools at the sushi bar that people can sit at and enjoy their meal.

There is also a nice patio in the very back of the hallway that gives the vibe of a lounge. The patio features tables but instead of traditional seating is lined with couches. It is a very nice, quiet restaurant that is a perfect spot for a date night.

The only gripe I have with Roll One for Mi is near the patio door there is a little corridor to the left with the bathrooms. In the back of the restaurant, there are always cleaning supplies obstructing everyone’s view. Otherwise, the atmosphere of the restaurant is fantastic.

Their sushi is fantastic. The Magic Dragon, Spicy Tuna, and the Titanic tasted awesome. Spicy Tuna is a classic that is pretty hard to mess up. The Titanic tastes delicious but is a little large and often fell apart when I tried to eat it.

[/media-credit] Roll One For Mi is Triplitt’s go-to sushi spot in Fresno.

Additionally, I tried the chicken fried rice. It was good but did not compare to teppanyaki fried rice in any way. It comes in a large bowl with lots of carrots and onions in it as well. It was very good fried rice but I preferred the sushi.

I also tried the gyoza (potstickers) that come in a serving of six. Although small, they contain good flavor. They are also served with a teriyaki dipping sauce that makes them taste very good. I would say it is an excellent appetizer for a party of two or three but any more than that should consider buying two orders.

Every time I have been the service is fantastic always being quick with our drinks and refills when we need them. They were quick with the check and fulfilling any need my family and I had.

I would recommend Roll One for Mi for anyone looking for some very good sushi. It is well priced and has become my go-to sushi spot.

To read another food review check out: Slice of India brings spice and comfort.

This author can be reached on twitter @dawsontriplitt.

[rwp-review id=”0″]