Slice of India brings spice and comfort

Slice of India provides big portions with a reasonable price

[/media-credit] The Slice of India offers a variety of great selections for whatever mood you may be in.

Moving to an unknown city while also bringing a family business can be tough. However, with the help of family and friends, this journey can be possible.

This is the attitude long time chef Gajjan Singh brought to his family. Lots of things can change throughout the duration of many years but this attitude and the family business has never changed.

Starting in Seattle, Washington, with a small restaurant, Chutni, that was just the beginning. Gajjan wanted something more for himself and his family.

After moving his entire family in India, they all settled down in Santa Rosa, California. This move to a different state would aide Singh in the long term.

He put his 20 years of experience to work, opening his second restaurant, Torch Of India. This venue had much more room for seating, but little room for making the food.

After being frustrated with the restaurant becoming stagnant in Santa Rosa, he packed his bags with his family and moved down to Fresno. This move would bring him closer to his family and maybe bring beneficial business opportunities.

With the help of his brother, Charanjit Singh, he was able to find the perfect spot for his new restaurant on Willow and Nees. He would later change the name a tad bit and call it Slice of India.

Getting started was the least of his problems as he had done this before. He and his family got right to work and held the grand opening in March.

My experience at the Slice of India was very pleasing. As you walk in, you can see the entire restaurant due to the small size, seating only 43 persons.

The waiter saw me, welcomed me right away, and took me to the nearest booth next to the window. The cushioning was very comfortable and clean.

As I sat there looking around the restaurant and then back at my menu, I could see that it was well-decorated for an Indian restaurant with two televisions playing Bollywood music.

The waiter was very patient as I peered over the menu. I went ahead and ordered the garlic naan bread, chicken tikka masala, and the raita yogurt to cool my mouth off with the spice of the chicken tikka masala.

I only had to wait for 10 minutes since there was just one person before me. The food tasted delicious and offered a vibrant taste with all three dishes I ordered. I had eaten Indian food before but never like this.

The chicken tikka masala was not overly spicy. Just in case, I had the raita at my side just in case I needed to wash the spice with something cold.

The daal makhani offered a lot of flavor with the butter that was mixed in very well. The garlic naan was cooked extremely well and made it the final touch to all the dishes that I had ordered.

[/media-credit] The chicken tikka masala offers a bit of spice to the choosing of your naan bread.

After I had finished my meal, I looked at the dessert options but there was not a wide variety of selections for it. I decided to go with the sweet gulab jamun.

The prices of all of these dishes were at least 10 dollars with the exception of the garlic naan and the gulab jamun.

Slice of India is not a fast food restaurant but you can order in and pick up your food. This is good for all the families that would like to bring good Indian food in the comfort of their home.

I would definitely recommend the Slice of India to any person who is ready to try new food and is looking for quality Indian food around Clovis.

[rwp-review id=”0″]

To read another article check out: Family restaurant prospers in small venue.

This author can be reached via twitter @sukyboiii and via email Suky Cheema.