New movie sparks controversy in religious conversation

“The Shack” inspires lives, teaches to forgive

Since the publishing of its original book version by William P. Young, “The Shack” has received much criticism from Christians in particular therefore would not know much about the true identity of God and Christian views in general. Moreover, even though certain components of “The Shack” might truly have been misinterpreted, the story itself remains inspiring and delightful.

[media-credit name=”theshackbook.com” align=”alignright” width=”300″][/media-credit]

However, before accusing anyone of anything it is important to take into consideration the fact that the author of this book himself is not a Christian man, and therefore would not know much about the true identity of God and Christian views in general. Moreover, even though certain components of “The Shack” might truly have been misinterpreted, the story itself remains inspiring and delightful.

When the film version of “The Shack” was released on March 3, 2017, uncomplimentary opinions and praises filled the media, taking two sides in perceiving the film. Nevertheless, despite all mistakes that might have been made in the film, its scenes were breathtaking and well arranged.

The actors really made “The Shack” excel by doing an outstanding job in bringing the film to life and telling the story of one man learning to forgive and love even those who have hurt him.

The tragic beginning of the film immediately destroys any excitement for the rest of the film, making all the following events more dramatic and depressing. The main character Mack’s daughter is murdered by a serial killer, which crashes his heart and causes him to become suicidal.

One day, however, Mack receives a strange letter telling him to come back to the shack where his daughter’s bloody clothes were found. This gets even more peculiar when he find no tracks in the snow to his mailbox where the letter had been delivered, and it is signed “Papa”, which is the name Mack’s wife uses to call God.

Unsure, yet at the same time hopeful, Mack goes back to the shack, where he encounters the Father (played by Octavia Spencer), Son (Aviv Alush), and Holy Spirit (Sumire Matsubara) in human forms.

He spends the weekend with them and experiences different things with each one, developing relationships and learning to forgive.

[/media-credit] The main character Mack spends his weekend with the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and develops relationships with each one.

The time spent at the shack, however, is not a whole weekend. Furthermore, it turns out that Mack actually spent his weekend in the hospital due to a car accident he got into on his way to the shack. The film ends with Mack putting his grief behind and continuing to live happily with his family like nothing happened.

Overall, though causing much controversy amongst Christians, as predicted before releasing the film, “The Shack” truly fascinates and inspires people of all ages, teaching an extremely important lesson of forgiveness and ability to find joy in difficult circumstances.

[rwp-review id=”0″]

To read another movie review check out: Kong: Skull Island Movie Review.

This author can be reached via email and Twitter.