Students sell products at annual spring event

[/media-credit] Students sell food and other things at the annual Econ Fair, March 29.

Econ fair unites student body 

The annual Econ Fair is one of the most anticipated events of the year, according to campus students. Robert Foshee’s economics class holds the Econ Fair where a variety of food and other items are sold to the students of FC.

They are set up in booths that will hopefully attract students to come and buy their items. Once the event is over, the students reflect on how the event went and count up how much money they made for the item that they sold during the fair.

Lots of different items are sold throughout the entirety of the Econ Fair. Food is always among the most popular option for this particular event. Students strategize to get permission to sell food because the fair is during lunch time, hence the advantage goes to the people selling the edible items.

Drinks are also a favorite during this particular event. Daniel Walker, ’17, is prepared to sell milk shakes with classmates Zach Passmore, ’17, and Will Vander Kooi, ’17.

“We are going to be selling milkshakes at the Econ Fair,” Walker said. “It will be a hot day of the Econ Fair and we strategized ahead of time knowing that. So on that day, they will need something to cool them off with all the Fresno heat. Our variety of milkshakes includes strawberry, chocolate, and vanilla. Plus, everyone loves milkshakes.”

Some students skip the food and drink route and go straight to the items that might stand out throughout the entire fair. Brooklyn Ainley, ’17, will be selling tie dye shirts with her fellow senior partners Sydney Belmont and Natalia Torres.

“The reason why were are doing tie dye shirts is because it would help us get a good grade,” Ainley said. “I also want to see how many people would be interested in tie dye shirts. It took us a lot of time to make the shirts so we hope that they will sell on the day of the fair. I am really excited to be able to make profit on something with my best friends.”

The fair provides excitement for students and faculty as they will be able to buy different goods during the event. Robert Foshee wants to keep this tradition going and hopes to make this year’s Econ Fair one of the best in recent years.

[/media-credit] Not all students sell food at the Econ Fair. This year will some seniors will send clothes and hats.

People from the entire school like to spend their money at the Econ Fair. Logan Lewis, ’20, is excited to see what the Econ Fair has to offer this year.

“I really wanna see how all the student’s ideas come out to play,” Lewis said. “I think that it’s a good thing that they made Instagram and Twitter accounts for their items because now I have a better idea of what I might wanna buy. I am pretty excited to see how the hats turn out. I will also be trying all the food because to me, that is the best part about the fair, the large variety that everyone offers.”

The Econ Fair will be held on Wednesday, March 29 in the FC gym. Come out and support your classmates!

For info on last year’s Econ Fair, read Econ fair impresses students.

This writer can be reached via Twitter: @sukyboiii and via email: Suky Cheema.