Candy Grams carry love on Valentines Day

[/media-credit] CJSF members deliver candy grams during lunch, Feb. 14.

JH leadership continues tradition

Get your valentine sweet a bag of sweets this Feb. 14! At FCS junior highers participating in CJSF every year make hundreds of candy grams. Students in any grade can order a candy gram and deliver it to anyone on campus. A candy gram is a bag of candy tied with a ribbon with a Valentine’s Day note on it.

The money raised through this event is donated to elementary schools to buy books for literacy programs.

Derek DeGroot, ‘22, has participated in CJSF for 2 semesters. He enjoys serving others while having fun with his friends.

“I like packaging candy grams because it’s a good way to help Mrs. Rojeski,” Degroot said. “It is fun to socialize with friends.”

Hallie Rojeski is one of the junior teachers at FCS. She has overseen CJSF for over 20 years.

“The fact that these junior highers are actually doing something physical to serve not just giving money to somebody to go do it,” Rojeski said. “They’re actually serving. The money we rise goes to a variety of projects, elementary schools to buy books for their library and something like that where we can go sit with them and read the books to them.”

Carlee Zamarippa, ‘22, is new to CJSF this school year. She enjoys handing out candy grams to people and seeing the joy in their smiles.

“I love while doing candy grams to bond as a class more,” Zamarippa said. “ And it’s fun to do it. My favorite part is handing out all the candy grams to students.”

[/media-credit] Hundreds of candy grams are handed out to FC student body, Feb. 14.

Jake Provost, ‘18, received a candy gram from a special some one and he appreciates the kindness of someone who sent it and the people who packed it.

“It felt nice getting a candy gram,” Provost said. “I really appreciated it. It means a lot from the day I’ve had as well as the people it’s coming from. It just really meant a lot.”

Lots of love is given on Valentines Day and at FCS these packages of love bring joy to people. Candy grams are a long standing tradition for students and faculty at FC. Love is in the air!

For more articles, read: COLUMN: My experience with a Chinese shadow student or Movie Pass offers unique features for movie goers.