The pros and cons of long distance relationships

Maintaining a relationship despite distance

[/media-credit] Many teens attempt to have a long distance relationship with a boyfriend or girlfriend.

Dating is very common among teenagers in high schools across the world. Being with someone that is always near you is a lot easier than dating someone in a long distance relationship. Not being able to see your boyfriend or girlfriend for long periods of time can cause harm to your relationship, resulting in break ups. However, long distance relationships can also strengthen your bond with your significant other.

There are two things that can happen when students get into a long distance relationship. Either they will grow closer together and understand each other more, or they will result in not being able to keep the relationship going and end it.

StayTeen.org talks about how some long distance relationships are not worth the time because students will try to keep up with their partner. They try not to miss out on anything and will end up missing out on their own life. Another issue that the site brings up is that if you don’t trust your partner in a long distance relationship, it will become a lot harder and that strain on the relationship will eventually break your connection.

A junior in high school a female talks about her experience with online dating.

“It was the biggest mistake I made in my life,” (Hidden User). “I met up with this guy online and we hit it off and started dating even though he was from a different state. We dated and i loved him but it turned out he was cheating on me with someone else. When I found out I was heart broken and left him immediately never wanting to date online again. Other people do get lucky that they find a loyal person but it wasn’t meant for me.”

Long distance relationships are not always bad and can result in a lot of good. Being far away from the person you love will make every moment your together more special and memorable. Also, there will not be many awkward conversations because as both partners will have missed each other and will want to catch up and see what the other did all day.

According to LoveMyBrit.com, there are many perks of long distance relationships such as people who are in a long distance relationship will become better at communicating. Because couples will not be able to express themselves face to face, they are forced to be good at expressing themselves over the phone and text.

[/media-credit] There are pros and cons to long distance relationships.

It also talks about how a deep trust can be formed. Both partners must trust each other fully, and when they do that, the bond will become really strong. As long as no one breaks it, it will help out a lot in the relationship and draw you closer.

Amrit Gill, an online dating fanatic, talks about his experience with online dating.

“I think people should online date,” Gill said. “It’s a good way to find people that you would really never have met before. I dated a girl who I met online but then eventually we started to hang out in person and it just took off from there. So dating online is a great thing if you wanna meet new people or if you want to find someone just like you.”

Dating online is a risk that many people take and something that has increased throughout the years. As many websites online encourage online dating, it has become a popular thing to do to find a significant other.

For more articles, read Join the Discussion: Teacher Appreciation Week or EDITORIAL: The importance of online safety.

This author can be reached via.