Farm Fresh Bowls provides variety of healthy options

Locally sourced restaurant offers natural ingredients, balanced meals

[/media-credit] Farm Fresh Bowls uses locally sourced ingredients to support customers in pursuit of a healthy lifestyle.

Originating in Visalia, Central Valley restaurant Farm Fresh Bowls moved to Campus Pointe near Fresno State University, Aug. 2016. Located at the end of the popular college strip, Farm Fresh Bowls offers various healthy breakfast and lunch options. Their menu ranges from açaí bowls to salads and seasonal options. 

The restaurant provides a spacious atmosphere but includes very limited seating. Finding a table is easy depending on the time of day and day of the week. Saturdays present more of a challenge to find seating, but weekdays have more available space.  

The room displays a modern decoration theme with high table seating and a few low table options. Outside they have very limited low bar-style seating with red umbrellas to provide shade. The restaurant offers a clean atmosphere that is well lit with natural light. 

The bathrooms, tables and floor were all kept spotless and the employees made sure the trash was empty and available. 

[/media-credit] The açaí bowls were sweet and refreshing, perfect for a summer afternoon.

Breakfast is served until 11 a.m. and lunch begins at the same time. The salad, smoothie, açaí bowls and drink options are available during all hours. This menu scheduling makes Farm Fresh Bowls the ideal brunch place on Saturdays, as the menu is served all day long. 

I arrived at the restaurant with a group of friends and between all of us, we ordered a plethora of diverse items. 

We ended up getting the FFBowls Egg Scramble and the Black Bean Breakfast Bowl from the list of breakfast options. Both provided plenty of food and a very filling meal. The Egg Scramble came with eggs, potatoes, bacon, tortilla, and pico de gallo, which created a very savory combination. The Black Bean Bowl came with beans, eggs, bacon, brown rice tortilla strips, and pico de gallo. Of these two, I preferred the Black Bean Breakfast Bowl. 

We got two different açaí bowls. One was the Peanut Power Açaí, which consists of strawberries, bananas, peanut butter, chocolate milk, and yogurt. It was savory and filling. The other was the very refreshing Citrus Açaí that included oranges, strawberries, pineapple, yogurt, açaí and coconut. It was perfect for a hot summer day.

The following tweet from Farm Fresh Bowls shares the success of one of their most popular açaí bowls.

[/media-credit] The BLT Caesar Salad provided a crisp, filling meal.

We also bought the BLT Caesar Salad which came with tomato, bacon, parmesan cheese, croutons, and Caesar dressing. We added chicken to the salad as well. Both the chicken and bacon had lots of flavors. The dressing was very light and flavorful. The romaine was very good quality and provided a fresh, crisp taste. 

They offer iced and hot coffee options, as well as milk and specialty sodas that are all refreshing on a scorching Fresno day. There is a choice between distilled water and sparkling water, as well as the opportunity to pay more for fruit water. 

The menu is very well priced for the amount of food you receive. The portions are filling, the food is quality and the staff is friendly. Farm Fresh Bowls is the perfect place to visit with friends or family.

For more food reviews, read Baskin Robbins updates store, leaves room for improvement and Little Fat Dumpling offers quick Asian food to Fresno

This author can be reached via twitter @toryntriplitt and via email: Toryn Triplitt.