COLUMN: L.E.A.D. via answer

Ashley Logan, ASB team encourages hope, boldness in Christ

Junior Ashley Logan is in her third year of Associated Student Body leadership and for the first time holds the position of secretary. In this opinion piece, Logan shares as part of an occasional column series. ASB officers offer their opinions from their leadership class. For the previous post, read COLUMN: ASB activities director Carston Saelzler shares leadership purpose.

Students in or out of leadership can participate in L.E.A.D. by sharing God’s word and his love through their words and actions.

Leadership is doing L.E.A.D. on a regular basis by planning fun events with other students’ interests in mind in the classroom and displaying God’s love in and out of the classroom.

[/media-credit] Junior Ashley Logan shares the Associated Student Body 2020-21 class purpose: L.E.A.D., focusing on ‘answer’.

Even with all the craziness of the pandemic that has made this school year look a lot different, as an FCS leadership team, we are still striving to L.E.A.D. on campus.

An acronym campus leadership class uses is L.E.A.D., which means to love, encourage, answer, and do.

“Answer” represents the importance of leading by being able to answer for the hope we have and any questions we may be asked. There are two main verses we use for our “Answer” part of L.E.A.D., including I Peter 3:15: “But keep the Lord Christ holy in your hearts.”

Always be ready to answer everyone who asks you to explain the hope you have in the second verse. Paul adds to this by writing in II Timothy 4:2 to “Tell everyone God’s message. Be ready at all times to do whatever is needed.”

As members of the leadership team, we have expressed our faith in God and the importance of our Christianity. We use our position in leadership to help lead others to Christ, by the way we live, and the way we answer people. By being a Christian leader on campus, we understand the value and importance of pointing our fellow classmates back to Christ by sharing our faith with them.

We are called to do our best to be bold and confident when it comes to our faith in Jesus, and the relationship we have with Him. We don’t want to hide or be timid about the hope and trust that we have in Christ. Instead, we want to share this with people, and preach His word.

As a Christian, I have put my hope and trust in Jesus, and know that no matter what I’m going through, or what happens, God is always working in and through me. — Junior Ashley Logan

Within the leadership team, we stress the importance of being prepared to talk about God’s word, and our faith in Him, so that we can help and instruct any and everyone who needs it.

As a Christian, I have put my hope and trust in Jesus, and know that no matter what I’m going through, or what happens, God is always working in and through me. As a result of the relationship I have with Christ, I trust that God’s plan is always best and that he is always for me.

I know that the joy that I have is not from myself or from my surroundings, but a product and result of his overflowing love and goodness. Because he provides his love and goodness in abundance, I am able to share this with others.

As a leadership team, we want to share the hope we have in God, and in what He says, promises. We want to be prepared in any situation we may be going through, good or bad, to provide an answer about our faith for others, in order to help them grow in their faith.

Leadership is doing L.E.A.D. on a regular basis by planning fun events with other students’ interests in mind in the classroom and displaying God’s love in and out of the classroom.

How are you actively participating in L.E.A.D? Share your ideas in the comment section below.

For more Feather articles, read Carrie Underwood moves audience in “My Savior” and Mayor Jerry Dyer shares vision for Fresno.

For previous articles, visit  Valley Children’s Kids Day 2021 goes virtual and Blossom Trail Cafe gateway to Fresno County ag central.