Tori Tarlton crowned Caruthers Queen

[/media-credit] Senior Tori Tarlton crowned Caruthers Fair Queen at the 93rd Annual event, Sept. 28.

Senior Tori Tarlton is crowned Caruthers Fair Queen at the 93rd Annual District Fair, Sept. 28, 2022. Tarlton has grown up attending the event every fall from a young age, but this year she decided to compete upon hearing about her grandma’s entry for queen in 1960.

First stage is selling a minimum of 400 tickets to be in the final competition. Each ticket is $5 and Talton spent her whole summer meeting new businesses, reaching out to companies and families going door to door selling tickets. She not only met her 400 ticket quota but surpassed that goal by selling more than 30,000 tickets. Tarlton brought in a grand total of over $150,000 for the fair earning her the crown.

Being crowned Caruthers Fair Queen will enable Tarlton to use the title for college applications and other community services until she crowns next year’s recipient. This fall has been a busy season for Talton as she was also nominated as a queen candidate for Fresno Christian’s 37th Annual Homecoming. 

For over 90 years the fair has opened its gates free to the community welcoming guests to traditional foods, exhibits, and rides.

To Read more from The Feather visit, News Engagement Day promotes news literacy among student body  or Annual 9/11 Memorial honors fallen heroes, unites community

For more Feather photos visit the Media page