Senior Lifer – Seth Radke

The term ‘Lifer’ affectionately represents those students who have completed all 13 years of education at Fresno Christian Schools. This year’s graduating class will honor 11 students who all began their journey in 2010 as a kindergartener. Learn more about each ‘Lifer’ in this Feather series as we talk to the student and their parents. 

Seth Radke:

What are some of the biggest changes you have seen at FCS since you’ve been here?

Some of the biggest changes I’ve seen at FCS during my years is when we swapped school locations to a bigger school.

What teacher/s have made an impact on you?

Mr. [Matthew] Vincent, Mr. [Terry] Richards, and Mr. [Scott] Falk have all left a huge impact on me and taught me more than I ever could know, I’m eternally grateful to them. 

Which grades have been most memorable and why?

My most memorable grade has to have been my freshman year. It was when I first started editing and began my love for playing guitar.

If you could go back, what advice would you give your younger self?

The advice I’d give my younger self is to never stop fighting for what you believe in and be yourself. 

How would you describe the tools that FCS has given you to head into your next chapter?

FCS has taught me to always be kind and respect everyone. In my next chapter I will keep this in mind.

A note of gratitude.

I’m very thankful for my parents’ constant support and paying for me to come here. They know how much I love this school, so I’m grateful they kept me here and dealt with the money.

The average investment made by most parents who made the commitment to send their child to FCS for over 13 years is more than $104,000. What was the foundation behind this choice? We ask the parents of each ‘Lifer’ to tell us more about their journey and sacrifice for their child’s private education.

Parents:

Reasons for your investment into FCS for 13 years?

Our child’s happiness, which is priceless. We went into Fresno Christian with the intention of only keeping Seth there for a few years, but here we are… 13 years later and I still feel like this was one of the best decisions we have ever made for our child and his education. Every year when the re-enrollment forms were sent out, we would give him the option of continuing his education at FC or transferring to the public school in our district, and without hesitation, his response was always Fresno Christian.

What connections did you have to FCS before enrolling?

We did not have any connections to the school before enrolling Seth. We were researching private schools online, stumbled across Fresno Christian and felt that this was the best decision for us at that time.

What are you most grateful for about your child’s education?

We are grateful for the wonderful staff at FC, the smaller class sizes, the beautiful relationships/friendships that have been created and unlike the public school system, we are grateful that our kids can openly pray for others and worship together.

Favorite memory of your student’s 13 years at FC?

Kindergarten with Mrs. [Amy] Witters was the first of many, as well as the year-end swim parties throughout elementary school, the various field trips/camps and the beginning/end of the year convocations.

Seth plans to attend Madera Community College, studying music, videography, and art.

More senior lifer series coming soon.

To read the most recent senior lifer article, visit Senior Lifer – Zoe Bull.

To read more from The Feather, visit Trade Schools as a Valuable Alternative.

Seth Radke’s recap at FCS: