Students make memories at Senior Retreat

Class of ’24 bonds through the laughter and the flames
Kori James

The class of 2024 travels to Hume Lake Christian Camps for the annual Senior Retreat, Sept. 24-25. Students were pushed outside their comfort zones through group activities such as skit night, relay race courses, and bonfire bonding. A total of 48 out of 51 students attended the retreat.

Senior advisors Kori James, Robert Foshee, and Kimberly Bell, along with FC alumni Koby Johns disperse the senior class into six teams to unite the students together. Each group had to come up with a team name, chant, skit, and participate in group activities to earn points for their team.

Although hesitant about the trip, Senior Angel Deleon shares his experience during the retreat and the core memories he’s made with the class of ‘24. 

The senior class worships together around the campfire. (Kori James)`

“The trip made me feel closer to my classmates and felt more like a family trip than a class trip,” Deleon says. “My favorite memory from the retreat was definitely playing silent football and jumping in the lake the next day.”

A trip highlight for many was signing the senior class spoon. Koby Johns talks to seniors about how his class signed the wooden spoon 30 years ago. Johns encouraged the class of ‘24 to sign a spoon of their own to look back on after high school. Students take turns signing the spoon, signifying their bond for years to come. 

Another memorable moment was the bonfire on the first night. Seniors would gather around the campfire while the worship team led songs. When a song ended, students had a chance to speak to their classmates about their gratitude for each other and share memories from their Fresno Christian experience.     

Despite it being a two-day trip, the senior retreat was packed with games, laughter, and memories. At the end of the year, seniors can look forward to the annual senior trip along with grad night. 

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by The Feather (@thefeatheronline)

Special thanks to Hume Lake Christian Camps for hosting the Class of 2024.

To read more from the Feather visit Thirty-year-old relic returns to the class of 2024. or 38th Annual Homecoming postponed