Cheer and football senior night!

Natalie Garcia

Football and cheer seniors are honored before their game against Valley Christian Academy, Oct. 13. Eagles defeated the Lions, 49-32!

Julia Castiglione – Families gather to honor their seniors, Oct. 13.

This year, a total of six seniors are on the football team and five are on the cheer team. Seniors are honored alongside their family and coaches as we learned more about their sports career at Fresno Christian and their favorite memories.

Senior football players include Angel DeLeon, Benjamin Karlson, Jude Sheppard, Paul Sheppard, Logan Stotts and Micah Garo.

Karlson shares what lessons he has learned throughout the two years he has been playing on the varsity football team.

“I learned how to work hard, be disciplined and playing the actual sport within itself taught me to have commitment.”

Julia Castiglione – Senior cheerleaders are honored during the Pink Out football game, Oct. 13.

Senior cheerleaders include Mia Alberta, Gabriella Hutcheson, Maddie Gallegos, Paige Deffenbacher and Ava Flores.

Deffenbacher shares how her time has been as one of the captains on the cheer team as well as her experience throughout the night.

“Being a captain has shown me what it takes to lead well. To me, being a captain is so much more than a title. The coaches have trusted me with the responsibility of serving my team, and my team trusted me with the honor of being their voice. I love them so much and want to lead them with as much integrity and joy as possible! Senior night was surreal. I’ve seen three teams graduate out and I’ve had the blessing of celebrating them. The fact that it was already time for my name to be called during half time blows my mind. My team made it a great night!”

Next home game is Homecoming, October 27, against Orcutt Academy.

Slideshow images are from the pink out football game also honoring both football and cheer seniors, Oct. 13!

For more photos, visit the media page.

Senior night photos are available on SmugMug photo account.

For more Feather articles, read Column: Three objectives from ASB President or Choir continues to build on past success.