2023 Homecoming day four wrap up

Red carpet rolled out for celebrities and movie characters.
Madeleine Durham

“Lights, Camera, Homecoming,” Fresno Christian’s 38th annual homecoming week is in full swing! The energetic week culminates October 27 with the FC Eagles facing the Orcutt Spartans in a playoff match. The week has been leading up to the big game and debut of the 2023 homecoming court. It has been filled with glamorous dress-up themes, competitive princess games, and even a royal dance battle. 

As day four HOCO ‘23 kicks off, students arrive at school dressed as their favorite movie characters or famous actors. With the theme set as “Characters on the Carpet,” the students truly shine. Strolling down a red carpet in the courtyard, the likes of  Elsa, Winnie the Pooh, Adam Sandler, and numerous other beloved movie icons grace Fresno Christian High School with their presence. Each day more students are dressing up to be part of the festivities, Emma Lien, ’25, shares her thoughts on people getting involved. 

“It shows a lot of school spirit and I think everyone should participate.” Lien said.

Princess Pageant: Slippin’ Slide Bowling

Junior Addyson Adler, hurls herself down the lane as a human bowling ball during the lunch princess pageant, Oct. 26. (Hailey Higton)

Concluding the lunch Princess Pageants, freshmen, sophomores, and junior ladies engaged in a delightful competition of Slippin’ Slide Bowling. The girls had to take a running start and slide into blow-up bowling pins, attempting to knock as many over as possible. Freshman princess Anna Pascual, ‘27, took the victory knocking over all the pins. Her win will add points to the freshman class and their overall tally for the class homecoming totals. This game was well enjoyed by the princesses, however, the water aspect of the game did raise some concerns as the weather had gotten noticeably colder. Laina Penland, ‘25, shares her take on the pageant. 

“I did enjoy it, it was a lot of fun. I kinda didn’t like the day it was on, cause it is very cold out, but overall it was pretty fun.” Penland said. 

Seniors Donavan Guglielmana and Sanjay Stephen complete the final details of the senior float representing the movie, “Cars”. The Feather

Senior Float

The Senior class of ‘24 has taken on the task of building a Disney Cars themed float. They have spent many long hours planning, painting and perfecting this year’s float at Senior Colby Poplin’s home. While building they faced many challenges including cost of materials, due to increasing inflation rates.

Senior Luke Portale said, “The cost of materials was our biggest challenge but we have a lot of creative and artistic people in our class that made the designing and building easy.” Luckily, the seniors are ready for their float’s debut night and the judges!

Sports

The varsity tennis team competes in their second playoff game against Cabrillo Jags, a tough match ending in a defeat. The girls will support their fellow teammates, Georgia Karlson ’26, and Senior Queen candidates McKenzie Sue and Sophia Adams at the homecoming night events. The varsity volleyball team also face-off in their second round of playoffs against Bishop Union. Defeating them 3-1 advancing them to the next round of playoffs, Oct. 31. 

Rally Bonfire

The festivities of day four concludes with a lively bonfire on the Fresno Christian North Field, with a spread including Costco hot dogs, chips and s’mores. Students participate in rounds of volleyball, cornhole, and spikeball. To add to the excitement, the cheer team delivers a performance for the students to enjoy. The bonfire honors and celebrates the football team’s hard work and success this season and energizes them for the big night. 

Coming up today:

• Princess introductions: 5:30 pm
  • Kickoff: 6 pm
  • Royal court announcements: Halftime

To read more from The Feather visit: Royal Battle kicks off homecoming week or New Technology advances