Graduation ends school year, celebrates class of 2014

[/media-credit] The class of 2014 said their last farewell to FC and to their high school years, May 22. Family and friends all gathered together to celebrate the 33rd annual commencement and the beginning of a new chapter.

The class of 2014 said their last farewell to FC and to their high school years, May 22. Family and friends all gathered together to celebrate the 33rd annual commencement and the beginning of a new chapter.

The ceremony began at 7 p.m and was held in the Peoples Church auditorium, followed by a reception in the Peoples Church gym.

Current Superintendent Debbie Siebert welcomed the audience at the beginning of the ceremony followed by an invocation by Mike Burton, FCS School Board Chairmen. Burton was followed by speeches from salutatorian Tynin Fries and co-valedictorians Tyler Laird and Daniel Moore. Principal Todd Bennett then presented academic honor awards.

Proceeding the awards, the Celebration Concert Choir and Concert Band preformed, “When We Live Our Alleluias”.

Superintendent-elect Jeremy Brown followed the special music with the graduation address. Brown encouraged the graduates to seek wisdom rather than knowledge, and to be brave in their faith.

After Brown, the Principal’s address/recognition of students was given by Bennett, followed by the staff and faculty award announced by Greg Stobbe. The faculty/staff award was presented to Rayna Endicott for her outstanding character.

Following the presentation of diplomas to the graduates, Adoration Ensemble and the Kingsmen preform “Lord, I Run To You”. Finally student body president Caleb Nale gave the benediction to end the ceremony.

After 25 years of service and 7 years as superintendent, Debbie Siebert will be stepping down and Jeremy Brown will be taking over, June 1.

With six high school and junior high teachers leaving, FC is set to see big changes in the upcoming year. In addition, next year will implicate the use of the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program.

Any students that wish to enroll are required to register for classes online.

The last day of the 2013-14 school year was on May 23, and school will resume on Aug 11. The Feather will no longer be publishing articles until the week of Aug 11.

These writers can be reached via Twitter: @_sarapeterson @gaby_siqueiros.
Follow The Feather via Twitter: @thefeather.

For more news articles, read the May 16 article, The year’s a wrap