Football sport shorts: Faith Christian

FOOTBALL SPORT SHORTS, 2014

For a preview to the Eagles football season and a look at their scores so far, check out the Fall sport box scores, 2014, for dates, scores, and all fall sports.

Also, please be sure to check out the Eagles’ schedule for the upcoming season at Max Preps. FC is currently 4-3 overall and 1-1 in the Central Sierra League as of Oct. 17. FC’s next game will be on Oct. 25, as the Eagles play Riverdale Christian.

FOOTBALL SPORTS SHORTS, 2014
Easy win for FC, Oct. 17

[media-credit id=173 align=”alignright” width=”300″]IMG_5995[/media-credit]

Unlike the previous week the the Eagles began this game in a way quite opposite to the slow start of the game against Kings Christian. On Oct. 17 the Eagles played the Faith Christian Warriors and left them shocked with the results.

FC started out the game with a brisk pace, setting the tone for the whole game. In the first quarter 20 points were up on the score board by the now confident and strident Eagles team. By the end of the half the score was 33-0.

With this massive lead the coaching staff decided to put in the second and third string players who usually never played and if they did, only for a few minutes of the 48 minutes of playing time. Even with these major changes the team still managed to easily keep the lead.

By the end of the second half, the Eagles defense had performed superbly by halting the Warriors defense and leaving the game without one point scored against them. Meanwhile the offense had managed another 13 points in the third. With 50 points on the board, the Eagles halted there own offense and by the end of the game the score remained 50-0.

Head Coach, Mick Fuller was pleased with the chance for the second and third string players to play and hopes that with this game they can fix their remaining problems.

“The team played quite well,” Fuller said. “Many of the younger and less experienced players were able to play and contribute to the game which was a definite plus. Despite the blowout, we just need to work out the kinks in the execution of our defensive and offensive plays. With that as one of our main goals we can hopefully play close to an error free game. ”

Freshmen running back Tyler Villines was grateful for the chance to participate in the game and was content with how he played.

“I believe I played really well,” Villines said. “I played to the best of my ability just like you are supposed to. With this game, it gave me the chance to show the coaches what I can do and help boost my confidence and the other 3rd and fourth string players who rarely get to play.”

Line backer Chris Kollenkark, ’16, was thankful for the game and how it helped the younger player on the team.

“Since the game was a blowout, the third and fourth string were allowed to play, Kollenkark said. It left the usual first string players on the side line, this in particular helped to teach us patience and to be humble in all situations.”

By coming off a total blowout the Eagles are ready and have the confidence to do whatever game comes next. This weeks game will be against Riverdale Christian on Saturday at one o’clock, Oct. 25.

For more sports articles read World of Sports: Why the Royals will win the MLB World Series.