Holiday season promotes festive ideas (Infograph)

ChristmasTree
[/media-credit] The holiday spirit is everywhere as Christmas is right around the corner. Children are getting antsy asking parents for Christmas gifts. Students are finally out of school for the break and are catching up on some sleep or getting ready for Christmas morning.

Teachers and students expound on Christmas creativity

The holiday spirit is everywhere as Christmas is right around the corner. Children are getting antsy asking parents for Christmas gifts. Students are finally out of school for the break and are catching up on some sleep or getting ready for Christmas morning.

From all around the campus, either physical or intangible, students and staff alike would like something on that magical morning. Either giving or receiving, in the week ahead or even as far back as Black Friday, each individual on campus have or had something in mind.

Freshman Carlee Whipples’ would enjoy some of the latest new electronics along with with other aesthetics this Christmas.

“I want a new Mac laptop because my laptop runs slow and is outdated,” Whipple said. “I would also like to get to get an iPhone 6 because I think they’re cool and has a lot more features and is able to do more than my iPhone 5s. The last thing I want is to remodel my room. I have some ideas for it and just want a fresh look.”

Sophomore Tyler Vanderlinden, agrees with Whipple, describing some tangible gifts he would like, including renovating his outdated apparel.

“For Christmas I would like to get clothes to get updated with fashion styles and just because I have a lot of old clothes,” Vanderlinden said. “I want some new Vans or Nike’s. My Vans are dirty and the rubber is kind of coming off. A new bike is one of my top three as well because the axle on mine is broken and I can’t ride it.”

Junior Kelsey Regan does not want much for Christmas, she is satisfied with a few items on her list. Along with clothes and Uggs, Regan would just like money.

“Money, clothes, and a new pair of Uggs are the top three things I want for Christmas,” Regan said. “I want money just to have or spending money. New clothes would be nice for the winter since it’s starting to get colder. The last thing I want is a new pair of Uggs. The ones I have, I’ve had for a while and are worn out.”

Senior Kim Ward also doesn’t want much for Christmas. Instead of new clothes or electronics Ward wouldn’t mind getting money, to spend while hanging out with friends or just to enjoy herself.

“I don’t really ask for a lot for Christmas,” Ward said. “This year I just want money, because I enjoy money. Also so I can go out with my friends and enjoy myself. I need new car mats because Ivette {Ibarra} spilled her drink on it and it got stained. Food is a great present as well because I always get hungry.”

English teacher Andrea Donaghe wants more non-material gifts, including just a day of rest or relaxation, this year as the long break starts.

“My weekends are usually grading papers or making lesson plans so I want to catch up on sleep,” Donaghe said. “Sleep is nice. Also a spa day would be wonderful because that’s me time. The most important is a stress-free Christmas, no drama with family or siblings.”

Math teacher Jared Kaiser, struggles to make a list for the holiday. Even though his choices are more physical gifts, he would choose to spend them with family.

“I need some button up shirts for work because I don’t have enough,” Kaiser said. “I want a Target gift card because my wife and I always shop at Target and it’s almost impossible for us not to buy just one thing. Lastly a video game called Little Big Planet 3 just because it’s a fun family game.”

For more features, read the Dec. 12 article, Spanish position filled, new teacher brings experiences.