Student Leadership: Begins interviews

SubstandardFullSizeRender5
[/media-credit] As leadership continues to grow and involve the school in all events planned, the class is taking a change not only in the school but in the classroom.
Student leadership is taking a more active role in promoting student involvement throughout this school year. Please return to read about how FC students are actively learning, serving and promoting teen events on and off campus in this weekly article series.

As leadership continues to grow and involve the school in all events planned, the class is taking a change not only in the school but in the classroom. The class is setting apart every monday for a session of Bible. Leadership is learning qualities of a spiritual leader. The class is reading advice from different spiritual leaders in other work fields.

With NOTS coming up on March 28, the class has begun to get into individual groups to help set up and cause the planning to run more smoothly. Each section of set up will have its own director, and the director of that particular section will have a committee helping to complete the task.

For the third and fourth quarter, each student will have to be in charge of one event and will have to help in many events in order to put the practice of serving into works.

Many of the events are activities that the student body can participate in, such as rallies, lunch time activities and inter mural sports; there are many small events coming up in the next few weeks.

In order to become a director of an activity the students must make an appointment with the leadership advisors and interview for the role of director. Leadership students must approach the interview as if it is a real job, dressing in business attire and presenting their ideas.

As the leadership students prepare for the new change, the change will help students begin the interview part of life. The events will help the class lead others by example, putting their ideas into actions and working for the student body.

Students from last year’s leadership class have seen an immense change in the way it is run. Some feel that the change was unnecessary, one of the students is Brooklynn Ainley, ’17, feels that the class was already running smoothly.

“I think the change makes the class more confusing and time consuming, and some of us may forget what we are suppose to do,” Ainley said. “As the class begins interviews, I think it’ll take longer to do some things. Having to do the interview makes me nervous because I have never been good at speaking in front of people when it’s important. However, I’m glad that we get to pick what we want to be the director of instead of the teacher telling us what we have to do.”

Student leadership is hoping the change will help the class see things from a leader’s perspective and learn new skills throughout the year.

Follow The Feather via Twitter @thefeather, Instagram @thefeatheronline and Facebook @thefeatheronline This writer can be reached via Twitter: @sbbelmont98, Email: [email protected].

For more news, read the Jan. 7 article, Student Leadership: Prepares for winter formal