Take the kindness challenge (Video)

Kindness
[/media-credit] The Feather Online and student leadership are piggy-backing on The Great Kindness Challenge and also encouraging Random Acts of Kindness Week, Feb. 8-15.
Imagine a world without kindness. A world where there was not a caring person, or anybody who had the simplicity to make someone feel loved. That is a world I do not want to live in. Random Acts of Kindness Week is Feb. 8-15 and we need to start the awareness now. We need to admit our self-centeredness, put it aside and find simple ways to change that pretense.

The Feather Online and student leadership are piggy-backing on The Great Kindness Challenge. In the weeks leading up to Valentine’s Day (Feb. 14) and FCS Serve Day, Feb. 19, students should take into account to be kind to others, and change the world for the better. Often, we go about our everyday lives, forgetting to acknowledge the people around us, because of that fact that we are already wrapped up in our own problems.

The Great Kindness Challenge, if you choose to accept it, will hopefully bring out the greatness in you, because we all know there is greatness in all of us, we just have to dig deep enough to find it. There are many ways to participate, some of which include simple, kind gestures such as giving a compliment to five people per day, make a new friend, bring a flower to the office staff, or offer to help a custodian.

When all is said and done, it should become a habit. A healthy habit where we will all put our greatness together and make this world a kinder place. as Ephesians 4:31-32 says, “Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.”

With that being said, as Random Acts of Kindness Week approaches, I encourage all of you to take the Great Kindness Challenge, find the greatness within yourselves, and help to make this world a better, kinder place.

Student leadership will be posting a poster on the downstairs hallway this week. Please take the time to add your name and take the Great Kindness Challenge. Be responsible, respectful and accountable to be kind these next two weeks and beyond. As someone to partner with to write out ways you will be selfless this month and take the kindness challenge.

Additionally, please post your challenges to others via The Feather comments at the bottom of this article or Twitter: #RAKweek2015.

Additionally, students will have an opportunity to serve and show kindness, Feb. 19. The high school students will be off campus to engage with the community and help with graffiti removal, Neighborhood Thrift, the Poverello House and others.

This writer can be reached via Twitter: @ashhasthescoop.

For more opinions, read the Feb. 1 article, Super Bowl XLIX blog: Roggenstein in Phoenix.