Student Leadership: Valentines Day celebration plans

unnamed-2
[/media-credit] Selected leadership students will start decorating the day of NOTS, unlike other years where decorating was the day before.
Student leadership is taking a more active role in promoting student involvement throughout this school year. Please return to read about how FC students are actively learning, serving and promoting teen events on and off campus in this weekly article series.

As February begins, special days are continuing to bring up new events. Although Valentine’s Day is not a new holiday, Valentine’s Day Eve is. The special days group is putting on Valentines Day celebration plans, Feb. 13.

The next special day event is Feb. 26: a school wide treasure hunt for St. Patrick’s Day.

Everyone is encouraged to dress in pink and red attire. Junior high leadership will continue to sell Candy Grams and teachers will be giving out candy to people who show kindness in honor of the Great Kindness Challenge. Be sure to use #RAKweek2015 in your tweets and on Instagram.

National Kindness week is Feb. 9-15, and to encourage students to show kindness to others, leadership will be putting out a large piece of paper where students are able to write ways they will be kind during the week.

As the basketball season comes to an end, the student leadership class will be making senior night signs in class along with soccer signs. For the basketball senior night, Feb. 3, the students are encouraged to come dressed in black for the black out game.

NOTS is arriving and Maddie Luginbill, ’16, head of the decorating committee, visited Wolf Lakes to get more information. Selected leadership students will start decorating the day of NOTS, unlike other years where decorating was the day before. Decorating will start at 8 a.m., March 28.

This year, decorating will be more simple, Luginbill has taken pictures of the venue to get a better look and inspiration for the event.

“Going to the venue was a huge help, it helped me get a better idea of what the decorating will look like,” Luginbill said. “It also helped me see where I want to set things up.”

Julianna Rosik,’16, A leadership student, is the director of the Community Food bank. The student body is invited to come serve on Sat. Feb. 21 at 7:45 a.m. For more information, Contact Julianna Rosik.

“I will be going around to each advisory class with sign-ups the week of, and I will give anyone who signs up a waiver that has to be filled out in order to volunteer at the food bank,” Rosik said.

This writer can be reached via Twitter: @sbbelmont98, Email: [email protected].

For more news, read the Jan. 29 article, Student Leadership: Begins hosting special days.