COLUMN: Superintendent speaks: Why FC?

[media-credit id=173 align=”alignright” width=”300″]IMG_5665 copy[/media-credit]Why FCS?

As I sit having my morning coffee, I find myself thankful for where God has brought me. Not only in my own personal walk with him but my latest assignment: Fresno Christian Schools.

A little over a year ago, I prayed about whether or not I should move from Kings Canyon Unified School District to FC. ‘Why FC?’ was a common refrain. I loved where I worked and I loved my community in Reedley; I still do. So, why FC?

I began to think and pray about God and his people:

Did you know that only 25% of Fresno County are practicing Christians?
Did you know that only 4% of 16-29 yr. olds have a relationship with Christ?

But, why FC? I had a campus of over 650 students that I was able to show the love of Christ and FC only has 460.

Then the answer was revealed. While there are more students in Reedley, there was more potential to make disciples at FC. Disciples that can be openly and intentionally trained to be missional in life. Our public schools need Christ followers on campus as students and staff. Some are called there, but we are called here for just a time as this!

Questions not statements are often the best way to follow God. Statements are narrow and direct and unless coming from God are fallible. Questions to God position us to receive from Him. It is hard to be in His will when we are not asking what it is. My world was changed over a year ago, changed for the better.

We are called here for this time, this season. You were born in this generation! Not the one before or after you but now. Our paths have crossed at this time for His purpose. Our only question? what is your part in God’s plan? God has a plan for you at FC, at your local church and in your family.

Take time to meditate on what the Lord has for you. It would be sad for you to attend FC most of your life and not ask ‘Why FC?’ Ask the question, He will answer. You are a world changing generation! I believe in you, now go ask…’Why FC?’

11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Jeremiah 29:11 New International Version (NIV)

For more from Jeremy Brown, check out COLUMN: Fall initiates change in campus focus and Jeremy Brown announced as new Superintendent

Jeremy Brown can be contacted via Twitter: @FCS_Supt or via the office phone at 559.299.1695.

Follow The Feather via Twitter and Instagram: @thefeather and @thefeatheronlilne.

For more from the superintendent read, Campus grows through Christ, fellowship.