Eagle basketball: FC vs Fowler (Video)

Fowler
[/media-credit] For their second to last home game of the season, the Eagles of Fresno Christian hosted the Fowler Redcats, Jan. 30.

Students support Eagle basketball: FC vs Fowler

While the Eagles are no longer playing at home, their last four games are on the road. This week, please consider supporting FC at Parlier (Feb. 6.), Riverdale (Feb. 10), Caruthers (Feb. 13) and in Fowler (Feb. 17). With the West Sequoia League regular season winding down, let’s cheer on the Eagles into the playoffs.

For their second to last home game of the season, the Eagles of Fresno Christian hosted the Fowler Redcats, Jan. 30. The Redcats entered the game with a 14-3 overall record and 4-0 in West Sequoia League.

In the first quarter both teams came out strong and competitive. Trading the lead back and forth and making key shots from both sides kept the game close. The same storyline continued in the second quarter. At the half, the Redcats held a slight lead, 19-18.

In the third quarter, momentum shifted to Fowler. Knocking down shots and keeping the Eagles from score helped them gain an advantage, heading into the fourth with an 11-point lead. In the fourth, the Eagles came fighting back; scoring seven straight points to quickly make it a four-point game with five minutes left in the final quarter. The Eagles had the ball and found themselves trailing by two with less than 30 seconds left. A clutch basket from senior Trevor Beal with two seconds left tied the game at 39 and sent the game into overtime.

In overtime, the same game continued. The Redcats were able to gain a slight lead heading into the final minute of the four minute period. Down by three, senior Cole Nale was able to hit a game-tying three with eight seconds left to send it into the seconds overtime. In the second overtime, the Redcats were able to force a few key turnovers to take the lead, and with the Eagles forced to foul, were able to pull away with a 54-48 victory over the Eagles.

For the final Fresno Christian varsity boys’ home basketball game, the Eagles took on the Mustangs of Minarets during the team’s Senior Night, Jan. 27.

Before the game, time was taken to honor the seven seniors on the varsity team. Christopher Grossman, Daniel Cliff, Aaron DeWolf, Anthony Zhang, Toby Pan, Trevor Beal, and Cole Nale were all honored before the game for their efforts throughout their high school basketball career.

For more videos, check out 60 seconds with Dooman returns (Video), visit The Feather Video page and/or check out over 600 videos on The Feather Vimeo page.

https://vimeo.com/thefeather/videos