Leadership urges campus to purchase NOTS tickets

Student leadership is taking a more active role in promoting student involvement throughout this school year. Please return to read about how FC students are actively learning, serving and promoting teen events on and off campus in this weekly article series.

IMG_9202r
[/media-credit] Early-bird NOTS prices, which are available from Feb. 17-27, will cost $55 and all tickets purchased afterwards are $60. Junior Claire Kollenkark just said yes to senior Rick Morrison.

Scholastic Journalism Week is this week, Feb. 22- 28. The student body, along with the school staff, is encouraged to promote the importance of journalism. Hashtag any photos or tweets with #SJW2015 and #FCJW.

The Special Days group had planned a treasure hunt to take place at lunch, but due to the rain, the activity will be postponed until March 17 (St. Patrick’s day.)

Basketball Intramural’s will be Thurs. Feb. 26, at lunch. Each team is required to have at least one girl and is only allowed one varsity player, although a team may have all girls and a girls varsity player.

The playoff will be played on Feb. 27. The playoff games will be played at lunch in the FC gym. Sign ups will be in the office on Vickey Belmont’s desk. For more information contact Jarrod Markarian, ’17, and Trevor Trevino, ’17.

Within a month, Night of the Stars (NOTS) will take place at Wolf Lakes. In order for the school to be able to host the formal, students must buy tickets by the due date in mid-March. Student leadership is encourages campus to purchase NOTS tickets. Early-bird prices, which are available from Feb. 17-27 will cost $55 and all tickets purchased afterwards are $60.

Kids Day is coming up on March 3. FC students are teaming up to sell papers on the corners of Cedar and Maple along Alluvial for a dollar. All the proceeds received will go toward Children’s Hospital.

Leadership ASB members have to be out selling papers by 4 a.m. All other leadership students have to be there at 4:30 a.m., and all journalism students must be at their corner by 5 a.m.

The next dress up day at school is Western day, in which any student wearing western apparel will be rewarded a free root beer float at lunch. There will also be line dancing for students to participate in.

This writer can be reached via Twitter: @sbbelmont98, Email: [email protected].

For more news, read the Feb. 20 article, Student Leadership: Serves the Community Food Bank.