Senior reflection: Trevor Beal

Senior reflection: Trevor Beal
IMG_6778c
[/media-credit] Trevor Beal will be attending Fresno State for a degree in business.

I have been a part of The Feather staff for two years now, I have experienced countless benefits of Greg Stobbe‘s continued teaching and collaboration with my Feather colleagues. Before I joined The Feather I was below par writer, every writing assignment that I received before then was a battle. I didn’t know how to formulate the points that I wanted to make or how to present them to a reader. But that all changed in 2013, since then I have written articles well over 1000 words and have been a part of two national championship Feather seasons.

This year was my biggest and most recognizable contribution to the paper, I set out at the beginning of this season to write about larger and more high profile stories than in the past. Interviewing has always been a strong suit for me and I put it into effect by talking to Robert Edsel, writer of the movie Monuments Men, Norris Jernigan, pin pointer of the atomic bomb drops, and Robert Whitaker who was the head of security for the World Trade Center during September 2001.

Journalism is not for everyone, hard work and creativity are staples in the career at any level. I would like to thank The Feather staff and Greg Stobbe for continually pushing me and my work to the higher possible level we could reach. — Trevor Beal

These stories and people forced me to better my writing and interviewing skills because I wanted to do their stories justice, I wanted to be known as that high school journalist that exceeded their expectation. Journalism is not for everyone, hard work and creativity are staples in the career at any level. I would like to thank The Feather staff and Greg Stobbe for continually pushing me and my work to the higher possible level we could reach.

The feather is a great tool that should be utilized by all students at FC whether it be writing a guest article, just reading, or working full time, you will not regret it; I promise.

This writer can be reached via Twitter: @beal_trevor.

For more opinions, read Senior Reflection: Ashely Garcia.