Volleyball Recap, Sept. 14-18, 2015

Volleyball Recap for the week of Sept. 14-18

20151020-fc-vball-203
[/media-credit] FC loses 3-0 to the Kerman Lions, Sept. 15, 2015

FC loses 3-0 to the Kerman Lions, Sept. 15, 2015

The Eagles faced the Kerman Lions hoping to step up their game with a win, Sept. 15. The Eagles started the first set in serve receive but never scored enough points to be in the lead. The team was unable to retaliate and lost, 25-12.

Jennifer King, ‘17, did not feel the first match was a good start for the team.

“I think we took a step backwards as a team from our previous game against Stoneridge,” King said. “The team wasn’t as focused and were somewhat intimidated. We definitely didn’t play to our level and we looked defeated.”

Coming off a rough first match, the Eagles were overpowered by Kerman in the second match, 25-9.

As the third set approached, the Eagles were given a boost of confidence from Coach Katie Reneau and was determined to step up their game. However, it was not enough and the Lions managed to over power the Eagles, 25-19.

Head coach Katie Reneau, felt that the team needed work on their own flaws.

“We lost that game because of our own errors,” Reneau said. “Moving forward, we know that when we come together as a team and minimize our errors, great things will happen. Coming off games like this help us to see what we need to work on which will benefit us in the future.”

FC loses 3-1 to Orange Cove Titans, Sept. 17, 2015

In the first set the Eagles started off slow and could not grasp a lead. The Titan came out strong and triumphed over FC, 25-12.

Refusing to lose the next match, the Eagles came out focused, fought hard, and won the second set, 25-11.

Cate Vander Kooi, ’18, felt the second set showed the girls the level of play they could accomplish.

“After the first set, we all knew that we did not play to our full potential,” Vander Kooi said. “We knew that we had the capability to win because it was all our own errors. During the second match, we cleaned up our mistakes and played smart.”

The Titans were not ready to give up and lose the third set which drove them to beat the Eagles, 25-21.

In the fourth set, both teams desired to come out with the win. It was neck and neck throughout the game with just a couple points separating the score. The Eagles held a slight lead towards the final points of the game but the Titans pushed a little harder and won the set, 26-24.

Head coach, Katie Reneau, knows the Eagles could have won this team but the team needs to communicate better.

“In this game we showcased our serving, especially in game two,” Reneau said. “Our powerful serves in game two allowed us to take the lead and give us the upper hand. But moving forward the better we communicate and work together as a team the better we’ll do.”

Next the Eagles will travel to Liberty to face the Hawks, Sept. 22, and will host the Avenal Buccaneers, Sept. 24.