Fresno FC Foxes complete first full season

asdfghjkl%3B
asdfghjkl;’

Fresno FC, the San Joaquin Valley’s first pro soccer team, ended their season with a friendly against Mexico’s stars, Club Leon, Nov. 14. León, the seven-time Liga MX México Primera winners earned the title in 1948, 1949, 1952, 1956, 1992, Apertura 2013 and most recently, Clausura 2014.

[/media-credit] The San Joaquin Valley’s first pro soccer team, Fresno FC, completed their first season, Nov. 14. The Foxes tied with Mexico’s Club León, 1-1.

The game broke anticipation when in the second minute, trialist No.  26, Qudus Lawal, scored a goal off of an incredible through ball to invite a one-on-one with the León goalie. Given an incredible boost of momentum the Foxes maintained a gradual control possession of the ball.

While the Foxes led most of the first half with a one goal lead, Club León lead the first half in shots. Then minutes before halftime their efforts paid off with a dipping shot from Mauro Boselli just outside the 18-yard box right over the outstretched arms of FFC goalkeeper, Kyle Reynish.

That surmised the events of the first half ending with the teams entering the locker room at half level.

When the teams entered back onto the field, two changes were made to the lineups. Both teams changed their goalkeepers. Sam Howard, the Fresno Christian goalkeeping coach, entered the game and kept a clean sheet allowing no goals in the entire second half ending the season with excellence.

During the middle of the second half, Fresno FC changed their lineup through a flurry of subs which included the substitution of center back Ramon Martin Del Campo, the Fresno Christian boys soccer team head coach.

[/media-credit] Players from the boys varsity soccer team supported their new head coach, Ramon Martin Del Campo, the starting center back for the Foxes.

First-year member of the soccer team Zane Munoz, ’21, attended the match on Wednesday along with ten other guys on the campus varsity soccer team.

“I really enjoyed the game, it was cool to see our coach on the field and playing instead of just as a coach,” Munoz said. “I had fun watching the game and felt just like the real experience of a professional sports game. I got to hang out with my friends and get food from the food trucks.”

Throughout the game, campus varsity soccer players watched in anticipation as this seasons boys head coach, Ramon Martin Del Campo, started at center back and remained in until the end of the game, holding together the teams defense as a leader.

The Foxes end this season with a 9-13-12 record, placing 12th in the USL Western Conference. With the season over, the team looks forward to the next year in hopes of a successful regular season to lead them to victory in the postseason.

The following video shows highlights of the Foxes’ friendly against León:

To read more about the coach read: Boys soccer kicks off under new head coach.

To read other sports articles read: Fall Sports Awards 2018 and EDITORIAL: Benefits of high school sports.