Fresno’s Blossom Trail in bloom

[/media-credit] The Blossom trail opens officially in Feb. with. 62 miles of beautiful landscape to enjoy.

The scent of spring fills the air as blossoms begin to bloom and bees work hard pollinating the seasonal trees. The Blossom trail has been a local attraction in Fresno County for over 34 years.

The path begins at Simonian farms, a 121 year old fruit stand, and continues on 62 miles through the country-side before ending back at the stand. The scenic trail takes roughly four hours to bike, marked with “Blossom Trail” signs that lead cyclists and cars through the route.

The ideal time to visit this iconic landmark is in Feb. and early March. Along the trail you can find over 10 different types of fruit and nut trees. Below you can find the names and descriptions of seven different species of trees located on the trail.

What type of trees can you find in the blossom trail?

• Almond – Produce white blossoms, harvested between August and October
  • Plum – Over 20 varieties exist, harvested during summer
  • Apricot – Produce white blossoms, fewer than 12 varieties are grown commercially, harvested for a few short weeks during May
  • Peach and Nectarines – Blossom from variety of pink and red, over 100 varieties grown and harvested from May to October
  • Apple – Produce white petals, six varieties harvested beginning August and ending November
  • Citrus – Four main kinds on Blossom Trail (Navel oranges, Valencia oranges, lemons, mandarins), covered with mesh during blossom season to prevent pollination of fruit

[media-credit name=”Fresno County Office of Tourism” link=”https://www.goblossomtrail.com/” align=”alignright” width=”300″][/media-credit]

The path is a popular spot among teenagers, graduates, and families for photoshoots and picnics, which can be interesting with all the bees. 

However, something to be mindful of when touring the trail: all trees are on private property and should be treated with respect. Littering is harmful to trees and illegal, resulting in a fine up to $3,000. We would love to see your pictures from the blossom trail, be sure to share them with us. 

For more Feather photos visit the Media page

To read more visit, FC Serve Day 2022.

Slideshow images of the blossom trail taken during a cloudy overcast day by Elise Bessey.