Leadership plans spring events

Second semester ‘springs’ into school events
Spring Formal 2022

As we roll into 2024, students can expect the second semester to be packed with highly anticipated proceedings with leadership’s help. Formal, themed sporting events, three-day weekends, intramural spike ball, Serve day, high school rally, Spring break, and the National Day of Prayer are several events on the itinerary for the second stretch of the school year. Let’s break down each month to come!

January

January eases our way into the new semester after Christmas break with a Monday off the first week back. Basketball and soccer each have several home games, as league season reaches full swing. Leadership has an opportunity for fun during lunch hour with a two-day spike ball tournament. 

• Jan. 15 – Martin Luthur King Jr. Day – NO SCHOOL
  • Jan. 16-18 – Lunch Spikeball Tournament
  • Jan. 19 – Boys soccer game vs Yosemite 
  • Jan. 25- Basketball home game – theme: Neon Construction 
  • Jan. 26- Girls soccer game vs Riverdale

February

The month of love brings forth a chance to appreciate our winter sports senior athletes. To celebrate the holiday of love, the choir will showcase its 9th annual Valentine’s Day Concert. Students will receive two three-day weekends thanks to former U.S. presidents.  

• Feb. 2 – Basketball Senior Night- theme: USA 
  • Feb. 3 – 9th Annual Valentine’s Day Concert 
  • Feb. 8 – Soccer Senior Night
  • Feb. 12 – Lincoln’s Birthday – NO SCHOOL!
  • Feb. 14 – Valentine’s Day!
  • Feb. 19 – President’s Day – NO SCHOOL!

March

March proves to be a packed month for our student body. As winter sports come to an end the spring season is to be welcomed with a high school rally. This is a time for each class to bond over friendly competition between grades. Serve Day comes next and gives students a chance to showcase their gratitude for the community. It is a half-day filled with hard work as students are transported around the city for acts of community service. 

FCS families are given a night of dining and donating during the auction. The month will close with the much-awaited spring formal where students enjoy an evening dressed in stylish dresses and dashing tuxes. This year’s theme will be Black and White, the night will be full of classic decor featuring the famous duo colors. Rather than creating movies, each class will be preparing music videos. Awards will be given to classes for their videos in different categories. Attendees will dine on Italian cuisine. Tickets for formal go on sale, on Feb.12  with the pre-sale ticket price starting at $60 and regular tickets at $65.

April 

No events have been planned at this time.

• Spring sports

May

The school year reaches the final stretch and the beginning of the end starts with National Day of Prayer. Celebrated around the country, all K-12 students, staff, and parents come together in fellowship. As they worship and pray for leaders and people through a local, national, and international lens. 

From there we send off the seniors at the 43rd Annual Graduation This year’s ceremony will send off 55 seniors and four lifers. The event will be held in the Peoples Church Auditorium at 7 p.m. Leadership will help in hosting. After the ceremony, the graduates along with friends and family are invited to enjoy dessert and refreshments served by the leadership team in the People’s Church Gym.

DISCLAIMER: Events and dates are subject to change, and will be updated if necessary.

Be sure to follow the high school leadership Instagram account for all the newest updates.

To read more from The Feather go to Just the Two of Us or Column: The gift of FCS