Get to Know: Brett Lewis

This installment is the ninth in the “Get to Know” series, a feature which aims to help students learn more about their classmates and teachers. A new installment will be posted every other Thursday.

In this edition of “Get to Know,” staff writer Brady Lee, ’12, interviews senior Brett Lewis.

Lee: Why did you come to Fresno Christian and how long have you been here?

Lewis: I came here in kindergarden and have been here ever since. My parents wanted me in a Christian environment. They kind of wanted to keep me closed off from the world at first because they knew there was a lot of bad stuff out there.

Lee: What is the hardest thing you have ever done?

Lewis: Getting through my first football season my freshman year. The worst part was probably the summer that we started conditioning. We did a lot running and lifting and a lot of intense workouts.

Lee: What is your most embarrassing moment?

Lewis: One day freshman year, I decided to pull a stupid move with some yogurt. I decided to open it halfway and throw it at a friend. It got all over him and he threw it back at me. It got all over my shirt; one of my brand new shirts. That’s how I got my nickname: Yogi.

Lee: If you could make one wish come true, what would it be and why?

Lewis: To go to Disneyland again with my family. I was probably three or four the last time I went and I would really like to go again with my entire family.

Lee: What is your least favorite food and why do you dislike it?

Lewis: Mayonnaise. Just the texture of it. One time I got a sandwich with too much mayonnaise in it. I took a huge bite and got a mouth full of mayo. I was disgusted and wanted to throw up afterwards.

Lee: What is the meaning of life?

Lewis: I think as Christians we all know what it is. To reach out to others about Christ, and win their souls so they can be apart of the same kingdom as us.

Lee: Who is your favorite teacher and why?

Lewis: From this year it would probably be Mr. [Robert] Foshee. As a football coach and a teacher, he has taught me a lot of things about life. Telling me to keep my cool and not back down against anything.

Lee: What would you do with a free afternoon?

Lewis: Probably go skydiving. Conquer my fear of heights. I have always wanted to do it. I thought it would be really cool, an exhilarating experience.

Lee: What are your plans for the summer?

Lewis: I want to get a job and start figuring out what I want to do with my life. Other than that, just celebrate that I am done with high school.

This is the last Get to Know for the school year, so be sure to return after Labor Day to learn more about the students of FC. For the previous installment, read the April 14 article, Get to Know: Nigel Alcorn