Volleyball sport shorts: Caruthers

VOLLEYBALL SPORT SHORTS, 2014
For a preview to the Eagles volleyball season and a look at their scores so far, check out the Fall sport box scores, 2014, for dates, scores, and all fall sports.

Also, please be sure to check out the Eagles’ schedule for the upcoming season at Max Preps. FC is currently 13-9 CHANGE overall and 1-4 CHANGE in the Central Sierra League as of Oct. 23. FC’s next game will be on Oct. 28, as the Eagles play away against Fowler High School.

VOLLEYBALL SPORTS SHORTS, 2014
FC loses 3-2 to the Caruthers Blue Raiders, Oct. 23

FC hosted the Caruthers Blue Raiders at home, Oct. 23, seeking redemption after their previous loss to the Blue Raiders, Oct. 7.

In the first set the Eagles managed to keep a safe lead from the Blue Raiders for the entirety of the game, thus winning, 25-22.

In the second set, the Blue Raiders fought back with force and beat the Eagles 25-12.

With both teams equally matched and tied, the Eagles shaped up and blasted the Blue Raiders, winning 25-18.

In the fourth set, both teams played with high intensity in hopes of either winning the match or getting another chance in the fifth set. In a valiant effort, the Eagles lost 25-20.

In the fifth and final set both teams walked on to the court ready to do whatever it took to win the match and be named number one in division five. The Eagles got off to a slow start but began to step up their game quickly. However the Blue Raiders kept their lead and left the FC gym victorious, 15-11.

Sophomore Hannah Nale is disappointed that the Eagles lost, however believes they played very well.

“We played really well, we were right in it the whole time and it just sucks that we couldn’t pull through in that fifth game,” Nale said. “It was really encouraging to have such a big student section especially against one of our rivals.”

Head coach John Penberthy I proud of the way the girls played and happy with the student section.

“I thought they played really well. The girls played with a lot of energy and excitement and it showed,” Penberthy said. “They competed really well against the number one team in division five, it wa also fun to have a really big student section. We played well jut came out on the short end.”

Follow The Feather via Twitter: @thefeather. This writer can be reached via Twitter: @gaby_siqueiros.