Volleyball sport shorts: Parlier Panthers

FeatherLogo
[/media-credit] FC volleyball competes against the Parlier Panthers for their second league game of the season.

VOLLEYBALL SPORT SHORTS, 2014
For a preview to the Eagles volleyball season and a look at their scores so far, check out the Fall sport box scores, 2014, for dates, scores and all fall sports.

Also, please be sure to check out the Eagles’ schedule for the upcoming season at Max Preps. FC is currently 14-12 overall and 2-7 in the Central Sierra League as of Nov. 4. FC’s next game will be on Nov. 6, as the Eagles visit the Riverdale Cowgirls.
FC dominates the Parlier Panthers, 3-0, Nov. 4

FC visited the Parlier Panthers and clinched their second league game.

In the first set the Eagles came out confident and ready to have fun, as the set progressed, the Eagles began to lose focus however they still won, 25-19.

In the second set the Eagles continued to unwind, losing focus and intensity. The Panthers took the opportunity to run points off the Eagles who still managed to conquer 25-20.

Hoping to get a win on their senior night, the Panthers were fired up and ready to battle. Despite their efforts the Eagles focused in and silenced the Panthers, 25-12. Ending the game 3-0 Eagles.

Head coach John Penberthy believes the team needs to put forth more effort in the easy games.

“We played well enough to win,” Penberthy said. “We didn’t do anything bad but we didn’t do anything good either. We played with minimal effort.”

Sophomore Jennifer King finds that the team disspoints when they play easier teams.

“I don’t like when we play easy teams because we always seem to sink down to their level,” King said. “We always win, but its ever a feel good win, and that’s what Parlier felt like.”

The Eagles girls volleyball team will next face the Riverdale Cowgirls.

Follow The Feather via Twitter: @thefeather. This writer can be reached via Twitter: @gaby_siqueiros.