Volleyball sport shorts: Immanuel

VOLLEYBALL SPORT SHORTS, 2014
For a preview to the Eagles volleyball season and a look at their scores so far, check out the Fall sport box scores, 2014, for dates, scores, and all fall sports.

Also, please be sure to check out the Eagles’ schedule for the upcoming season at Max Preps. FC is currently 14-12 overall and 8-2 in the Central Sierra League as of Nov. 13.

IMG_9958r
[/media-credit] FC hosted the Immanuel Eagles Nov. 13 in their first playoff game of the season.

FC vs Immanuel Eagles, Nov. 13.

FC hosted the Immanuel Eagles Nov. 13 in their first playoff game of the season.

In the first set, both teams came out loud and pumped hoping to start strong and confident. FC dig a small hole in the first rotation of serve receive, but managed to gain a momentum towards the middle of the set. It was then the senior Ivette Ibarra sprained her ankle which would keep her out of the game for the rest of the night. Immanuel won the first set, 25-13.

FC’s dynamic suffered greatly due to the confusion of the new players and lack of a strong middle hitter and passer. FC did the best they could in their predicament, however they could not manage to gain any runs or any momentum, thus losing the second set, 25-15.

With spirits low, FC came out for the third set hoping to pull it together and make something happen. Immanuel countered all the FC efforts and finished off the set and match, 25-16.

Senior Ashley Garcia bids volleyball goodbye and is thankful for the people that made it memorable.

“I thought the game was very bittersweet. We lost our momentum after Ivette got injured, but thats just how the game goes sometimes. Things happen, and we need to accept it and move on, trying our best no matter what happens,” Garcia said. “Although this does mark the end of my volleyball career, I am so very thankful I got to spend it with such amazing people.”

Senior Ivette Ibarra was disappointed to be injured during the game.

“It was extremely frustrating having been injured in the first set of the game. I had been anticipating this game vs. Immanuel for such a long time and right in the middle of the first set I was out,” Ibarra said. “There was noting I wanted more than to be out on the court with my team, and I couldn’t help but feel responsible for the outcome of the game. Although we lost, I’m proud of my team, and all we accomplished this season. I will never forget this season.”

Follow The Feather via Twitter @thefeather and Instagram @thefeatheronline. This writer can be reached via Twitter: @gaby_siqueiros.

For more sports, read the Nov. 3 article, Football sport short: Northwest Christian.