Girls soccer sport short: Minarets

Macy-soccer
[/media-credit] Friday is a busy day in terms of athletics, every winter sports team plays at Minarets High school and the girl’s soccer team has the pleasure of kicking off the evening.

GIRLS’ SOCCER SPORT SHORTS, 2014-15
(Scrimmages do not count toward win/loss record. Visit the Sports Section for girls’ soccer features). For a simple overview of scores and upcoming games, check the Winter sport box scores, 2014-15, for dates, opponents and times for all Eagle sports.

Be sure to visit the 2014-15 girls’ soccer schedule, home page, or check out Mapreps.com. FC is currently 1-3 in the West Sequoia League and overall 7-6 as of Jan. 28.

Girls manage win against Mustangs

Friday was a busy day in terms of athletics, every winter sports team played at Minarets High school and the girl’s soccer team had the pleasure of kicking off the evening.

The Eagles came out dry and seemingly unmotivated to play. Their level of intensity was low and the lack of focus was evident throughout the course of the game. The Eagles managed a few shots on goal, but none even remotely successful.

Even starting off with the ball in the second half, the Eagles started the second half with a lack of effort. It seemed as if the whole team was having a bad day in terms of skill. It wasn’t until the last 20 minutes of the game that the girls picked up their game and gained some momentum. Olivia Messer scored the first and only goal for the Eagles, and the Eagles just barely managed a win against the lady Mustangs.

Freshmen forward Olivia Messer is pleased with her goal but admits that the team played lazy and unfocused.

“As a team we really need to communicate more and pass because Minarets was passing around us a lot,” Messer said. “We weren’t focused and our heads weren’t in the game and we were all over the place.

Senior defender Mikayla Miller is disappointed in the performance of the team compared to years past.

“In the past we’ve always pretty much dominated Minarets and it was a bit frustrating that the game was so close and evenly matched for so long,” Miller said. “It’s great that we pulled out the win but I don’t think it was a win to be celebrated it was one to be thankful for.”

The Eagles wills will next play at home against the Parlier Panthers, Jan. 20 at 3:30 pm.

Follow The Feather via Twitter @thefeather and Instagram @thefeatheronline. This writer can be reached via Twitter: @gaby_siqueiros.