Promo: Fly Me to The Moon

[/media-credit] Juniors Wesley Hinton and Lindsay Weimer practice their duet, ‘I See the Light,’ from Disney’s Tangled, Feb. 5.

‘Fly Me to the Moon,’ the fourth annual Valentines concert put on by choral director, Susan Ainley will be held in the Student Ministries Center, Feb. 9, at 7 p.m. The concert features a wide selection of music ranging from breakup to love songs.

The event provides members of both the campus choir, Cantiamo and women’s ensemble, Bellezza the opportunity to showcase their talents individually and in duets.

Choir lifer, Brennen Tozlian, ’21, will be playing, ‘Take it All,’ by Adele during the concert. This is the first time Tozlian’s first solo performance in front of a crowd.

“I find it hard to sing in front of my peers,” Tozlian said. I’m always so nervous, but I figured that if I didn’t do it now then I would never do it. This is my first time ever performing alone in front of anyone. However, I’m really excited. People should come to the Valentine’s Day concert to come here what the choir can do when it’s normal songs and not just choral music.

“I used to take piano lessons when I was in elementary school,” Tozlian continued, “but I always played by ear so I quit because It was hard to actually look at the music. So I can’t read music but I can learn a song on the piano without music.”

Come out to the SMC and join the FC music departments’ celebration of love and friendship at 7 p.m., Feb. 9. There are no fees for admission but donations to the FC music department would be greatly appreciated.

In the following video, junior Braden Bell highlights a few of the students who will perform in the ‘Fly Me to the Moon,’ Valentines concert. 

Promo: Fly Me to The Moon from The Feather Online on Vimeo.

Check out last years video, Valentine’s Day Concert 2018

The author can be reached via email: Braden BellInstagram and Twitter.