PROMO: Committee collects unique donations for spring auction and benefit

Fresno Christian hosts biggest fundraiser of school year
The+auction+is+one+of+the+highlights+of+the+year+as+students%2C+staff+and+parents+join+together+to+raise+funds+for+the+school.+
The auction is one of the highlights of the year as students, staff and parents join together to raise funds for the school.

The date of Fresno Christian’s 41st annual spring auction and benefit dinner is fast approaching! The auction will be hosted on the online platform 32auctions from March 8 to March 13. Following the auction, a benefit dinner will be held at 6 p.m. March 15 at Wolf Lakes Park. Tables for the auction and tickets for the dinner may be purchased from now until March 4. Tickets range from $150 for an individual ticket to $10,000 for a premium table.

This year’s invitation for the 2024 Spring Benefit & Auction hints at the theme for March 15.

The many types of tickets and sponsorships include:

• LEGACY EVENT SPONSOR $10,000 Reserved table for 16 Premium advertising for online auction 8 Paddles for heads/tails game 4 Raffle entries 
  • DIAMOND SPONSOR $5,000 Reserved table for 8 Premium advertising for online auction 4 Paddles for heads/tails game 2 Raffle entries 
  • PLATINUM SPONSOR $3,000 Reserved table for 8 Premium advertising for online auction 4 Paddles for heads/tails game 
  • GOLD SPONSOR $1,500 Reserved table for 8 Advertising for online auction
  •  INDIVIDUAL TICKET $150 Open seating dinner (per person)

Donations are welcomed and encouraged. The deadline to turn them in to the FCS Central Office is March 4. 

Fresno Christian, as a private school, does not receive funding from the state. Therefore, the funds obtained from this event will go toward campus upkeep and school improvements. As this event is one of the largest fundraisers FC puts on, the school offers exciting incentives for the students and parents. 

NOW accepting donations: Auction donations can be brought to the Central Office, upstairs in the elementary building. Please fill out a donation form and attach it to each item.

Meilani Gilmore Young

Dawn Hinton, Fresno Christian parent and head of the auction committee, believes this benefit and auction is the most crucial fundraising event of the year. Hinton and other parents package up the auction items, and the potential prizes look very exciting.

“The online auction will have all kinds of new items including trips, gift cards, event tickets, services, and I have heard we may have a puppy again!” Hinton said.

The profits of this special occasion have funded many projects on the Fresno Christian campus. However, it also brings the school community together for a night of fun and school spirit. Fresno Christian parent and staff member Silva Emerian looks forward to all the joy the benefit brings to our school.

“I always look forward to the dinner and how competitive tables get bidding on desserts! And I love dressing up, of course. Our auction committee always puts on an incredible event that brings our families together for a night that truly celebrates the powerful effect of Christ in our school and in our amazing students,” Emerian said.

For more from The Feather read Leadership plans spring events or Students produce award-winning yearbook.