Freshmen find opportunities to bond, initiate friendships

FreshmanFloat
[/media-credit] Freshman year is a time for change; new students have come and other students have gone. In the first year of high school students start to grow up or at least try. They make new friends and lose others. It is almost like a year of wins and losses. Most classes do not bond during their first year of high school, but the class of, ’17, has.
Freshman year is a time for change; new students have come and other students have gone. In the first year of high school students start to grow up or at least try. They make new friends and lose others. It is almost like a year of wins and losses. Most classes do not bond during their first year of high school, but the class of, ’17, has.

Natalia Torres, ’17, thinks the class has bonded very well, and believes the relationships have grown and the students spend a lot more time together. She enjoyed being involved in homecoming and Night of the Stars (NOTS). In the upcoming years Torres is hoping to see better homecoming floats and better NOTS experiences for everyone. Even though junior high is more challenging Torres loves high school.

“Our class has bonded by the extra activities we have had to do for school,” Torres said. “High school is more challenging than junior high. I think our class should work on involving everyone and not being in cliques.”

New student to FC, Daniel Ayres, ’17, thinks that the class has bonded very well since the first day of school. He believes many of the students have grown together in Christ and in friendships.

“In high school you are on a higher maturity level and you get more respect from other people,” Ayres said. “You get to be an upper classmen but not completely so at the same time you’re still a lower class men.”

Looking at the sophomore class, the freshmen see how they bond and have achieved new goals together. Over the year the students have figured out how to act and react to things that they would not have faced in junior high. By this time next year the class hopes to have a better bond then we have now.

Taylor Cowger, ’17, says he likes to be around his friends and build better friendships with them. He hopes to make more friendships and become a better class by senior year. When asked about what the class could do to bond he talked about field trips.

“I would like to see the class bond in a field trip,” Cowger said. “We could go to the zoo or anywhere where the class would have good opportunities to get to know each other.”

Teachers who educate the freshman class and parents have seen the freshman class bond very well. Susan Ainley, drama teacher and parent to Brooklyn Ainley, thinks the freshman class is filled with real friends and great workers.

“I’ve seen other freshman classes sort of wander around all year, not really participating,” Ainley said. “This class had decided to participate. I love seeing how they connect with the upperclassmen. During NOTS they all jumped in and made a movie, got dates and had a blast. I think we will see this class do great things in the years to come and to always be a great group of friends.”

For more features, read the Feb. 27, WSL Talent Show awards top three winners article.

Follow The Feather via Twitter @thefeather, Instagram @thefeatheronline and Facebook @thefeatheronline.This writer can be reached via Twitter: @sbbelmont98.