’22-23 Homecoming Day Three recap

The days princess pageants take a “wacky” turn

Homecoming week continues as excitement grows among students and staff for the hectic, yet thrilling week. Leadership students work hard to accomplish a fun experience for all students, rallying school spirit. Each class receives spirit points based on their participation, while the grade with the most points wins a pizza party. This year’s theme is ‘Dreaming through the Decades!’

Students and staff don crazy outfits for Wacky Wednesday, Sept. 21. Participants layer clashing clothes and style their hair to earn class points for the week-long homecoming competition.

Senior Elise Bessey goes all out for Wacky Wednesday, Sept. 21.

So far, seniors lead the class competition with 275 points. Sophomores trail by a hundred points. Freshmen and juniors are close behind with 150 points. Help your class take the lead by carrying your school supplies in anything but a backpack on Thursday.

Princess Pageant: Kajabi Can Can

During lunch, princesses competed in Kajabi Can Can, a game similar to tug of war. Participants grab a short length of rope with each hand to form a circle around a trash can. Competitors are eliminated by touching the trash can or letting go of a rope. The last person standing wins.

Junior Kemya Hopkins falls down and is eliminated from the queen and princess round.

The competition begins with princesses from each grade battling for a spot in the winners round. Left standing was freshman Tabitha Peters, sophomore Chloe Johnson and junior Sophia Adams. Adams was thrown out early, but the last two finalists had a long fight. Peters came out on top after being knocked to the floor by Johnson.

Next, every princess formed a big circle for a bonus round. They dropped out one by one, leaving Jordyn DeGroot, ’26, and Johnson. They circled around the trash can until DeGroot was pulled against it. Then the kings and queens each had their own round. After long battles, seniors Aubrey Graham and Aiden Munoz emerged victorious.

Lastly, the princesses and queens participated in the biggest round yet. Once again Johnson and DeGroot reached the final round. To make it more challenging, the student leadership referees added another trashcan, proving to be DeGroot’s downfall.

The king candidates compete, Aiden Munoz comes out victorious over Marshall Goldsbourough.

Serenity Cortez, ’24, is looking forward to the festivities of Friday night, especially the princess speeches.

“I feel very appreciative of my class,” Cortez said. “I’m very excited to get ready for homecoming night and see everyone, especially the alumni.”

Junior Rachel Martin also anticipates homecoming events at the football game.

“I am most looking forward to seeing my friend, Sophia Adams, on the princess court all dressed up with her gloves,” Martin said.

Check back with The Feather tomorrow for the day 4 wrap-up!

To read about past days, go to ’22-23 Homecoming Day One recap or ’22-23 Homecoming Day Two recap.

Below is a slideshow of Homecoming Day 3.